ARI is India’s first and single largest site solutions organization (SSO) having experience in coordinating the conduct of over 800 clinical trials across 10 locations, various therapeutic disciplines over the last 14 years. With the current strength of almost 80 certified and experienced Clinical Research Coordinators and 200 Principal Investigators on its panel across 15 sites, ARI ensures ethical conduct of clinical research across the hospital group. ARI conducts phase II, III and IV clinical trials, of which 80% are global multi-¬centric trials.
Apollo Multispeciality Hospitals as part of ARI has developed the capability to now conduct clinical studies for drugs, devices, software applications and others. Further, ARI works with its clients and partners with a variety of creative business models to enable progressive and quality research.
ARI has established a benchmark in terms of ethics compliance and standards across its sites. The Institutional Ethics Committees at each of the Apollo Hospital centres inclusive of the one in Kolkata are registered with the national regulatory agency. ARI also has built an in-house capability in ethics and quality assurance for clinical trials across multiple sites.
The Institutional Ethics Committees in all the 10 Apollo Hospital locations are registered with the Drug Control General of India (DCGI). ARI currently is coordinating the conduct of almost 100 clinical studies across Apollo Multispeciality Hospitals, Kolkata.
ARI is now preparing to be accredited by AAHRPP; the global gold standard in clinical trials. We would be perhaps the only hospital group getting a simultaneous accreditation for 5 hospitals together. Even AAHRPP is doing this for the first time. This will allow Apollo to be prepared better for global clinical studies.
ARI has developed the capability to now conduct clinical studies for drugs, devices, software applications and others. Further, ARI works with its clients and partners with a variety of creative business models to enable progressive and quality research.
Clinical Research is a branch of healthcare that evaluates the safety and efficacy of medications, devices, diagnostic products and treatment regimens intended for human use. Continuous research by pharmaceutical and biomedical industry has a direct impact on products/molecules reaching the patient bedside. Clinical research aids this process of development through its activities traversing from the ethics, conduct, management of man and material, data and its analysis and finally the report generation.
Committed to the goal of generating new age clinical researchers who understands the subtle of research, the Kolkata unit of Apollo Multispeciality Hospitals is a key participant of the endeavours of Apollo Research and Innovations (ARI).
Kolkata Exclusives of the Clinical Research Units:
- Rich experience of coordinating and conducting more than 150 Phase II, III, IV- global and multi centric trials- Highest number of ongoing trials in eastern India
- World class research in various disciplines including Oncology, Neurology, Cardiology, Gastroenterology, Endocrinology, Rheumatology etc
- Increasing interest among sponsors to conduct trials in AGHL due to our premium level of infrastructural support along with qualified and experienced Investigators and dedicated GCP trained Clinical Research team.
- There are about 30-35 consultants out of a full house of 110 highly trained and experienced consultants who actively participate in clinical research
- Nurturing Next Generation Clinical Research professional
- Ongoing 5th batch of Post Graduate Clinical Research course
- 100% placement was achieved for all past students
- Landmark Neurology study in collaboration with Department of Science and Technology (DST)
- Multicentre Oncology Research on Advanced Follicular Lymphoma, Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma, Breast Cancer, Lung Cancer, Advanced Squamous Cell Carcinoma of Head & Neck
- Promising Rheumatology Research with Biologicals
- International collaborative Epidemiological Research on non-communicable diseases,
- Investigator initiated Basic Science research in association with Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR), Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR)
- The ethical aspects of the trials are collectively supervised and analyzed by our CDSCO registered Institutional Ethics committee (IEC). Composed of some of the most esteemed and illustrious personalities of the society, the IEC have become a sign of pride for our Clinical Research Activities.